The absolute favorite place of local people! Free access (except in July and August : €3). Supervised swimming area. Walks around the lake and good food restaurants on the lakeside.
The lake of La Bonde, in a wooded and naturally verdant setting, welcomes you for walks and the pleasure of water. Pond of 500 meters long, 350 meters wide. Between 6 and 8 meters deep. Luberon's largest natural reserve.
Four tennis courts are available all year round. Quiet off-season and suitable for walks through the pines of Alep, this place is very busy as soon as the beautiful days arrive.
Traditionally, residents come to picnic on family weekends in the shade of the trees along the west beach.
The pond of the bonde is open for swimming all the year. It's the favourite local's place. Ranked #1 of activities in TripAdvisor TripAdvisor in south Luberon
It should be noted that depending on the intensity of the precipitation and the flow of the Eze river during the winter period, the pond sees its level vary from season to season. It is not uncommon for the beaches to be submerged under water (2010) or on the contrary, the water level is very low throughout the summer.
In the summer season, the entrance to the car park of this beach is payable (3€ a car), next to the Bonde campsite, but you can park freely towards the south dike next to the Restaurant du Lac.
Beware, a lot of people park on the road, which is not recommended and dangerous.
Another access is possible to the east of the lake after the castle (which is private), it is an access that can allow you to reach the small village of Cabrières d'Aigues (3km). See hiking the pond of Bonde.
The beach is about 300m, a lifeguard lifeguard is present. Despite a beautiful and healthy water, we advise you to bring shoes to go in the water. It is a lake ...
You must know that canoeing is forbidden (canoeing, windsurfing) and all other boats. Dogs should be kept on a leash and should not go to the water.
- An outdoor snack and a refreshment bar, next to the campsite, is open in high season (pizza, grill, salad, ice cream ...)
- Le Cafe du Lac, close to free parking (dirt), restaurant bar, glacier. Restoration of season, traditional in autumn, winter and spring. Salad meals, grills and pizzas in summer.
- Le Loup Bleu, free and private parking. Gourmet cuisine refined and quality. Fresh and local products. Open all year round, closed on Mondays. Exceptional view on the pond.
- Camping de la Bonde, 2 stars, open from 10/03 to 20/11, many pitches, and mobilhomes. Weekly rental possible. On the edge of the pond, amazing location.
- Camping les chênes Verts - 2 stars, open from 01/04 to 30/09, on the other side of the road, a few meters from the pond. Rental by the week of mobil-home, many sites
- Campsite Lou Badareu, 2 stars, open from 01/03 to 15/10, on the road to Cucuron 5 km from the lake Bonde but 800 m from Cucuron ... Camping calm and shady, large natural space . On the spot, vineyard and olive cultivation. Direct sale of wines and olive oils.
Major slaughtering and pruning work along the shores adjacent to the campsite has been undertaken and restored to this beach from sunny areas until evening. Why not take advantage of the natural area offered by Etang de la Bonde to come and fish with family or friends? Fishing card compulsory. The site will delight you with its beauty and its tranquility. For any information concerning fishing on the Etang please contact: 04 90 77 63 64 or email@example.com
Lord Fouquet d'Agoult, Baron de Sault, chamberlain of King René d'Anjou, Count of Provence, decided to create a water reserve to feed the moat of the castle of La Tour d'Aigues and built an aqueduct in the 15th century.
The pond thus constituted was the feeding point of an irrigation network that supplied the whole valley of Aigues contributing to the expansion of agriculture.
This pond is therefore not natural.
All year round.
View over the vineyards, Village 2 km away, Isolated, Mountain view, Lake view, In the country,
Geographic perimeter :
Cabrières-d'Aigues, La Motte-d'Aigues,