The park of Luberon is magnificent. Its heritage, its landscapes, its villages, around the mountain of Luberon, its nature activities, the wine and its residents…
- another relation about the environment.
- another quality of life.
- another human dynamic from today and for tomorrow.
The Regional Natural Park has for vocation to protect and valorize the natural, cultural and human heritage of its territory by implementing an innovative environment-friendly economic, social and cultural politic of arrangement and development.
A regional natural park is ruled in a particular way: a project of sustainable development, the charter, defines the main orientations that the local authorities (villages, departments, region) commit themselves to implement:
- the charter has not simply a moral commitment value. It is a reference framework for all the procedures of planning implemented by the actors of the territory (town planning, rivers planning, tourist planning, agricultural and forest zoning…).
- the charter is approved by the State that grants the classification as “Regional Natural Park”.
- the organism charged to coordinate the implementing of the charter is the “syndicat mixte de gestion” that groups the collectivities which approved the charter.